|
counting the days. » Driving Lessons » August and September » Scary Internet » Gestures » Moles » Updates » Reading about differences » To love and to laugh » reminiscing the past » Of Sparrow and I |
|
|
Saturday, October 16, 2010
My exchange months @ 10/16/2010 02:22:00 AM I've been thinking about this for a long time, and this is not an easy topic to approach, because you know how people will look at you and say: " hey all that happened already. Don't be thinking about it anymore.." But seriously, the more we tell ourselves not to think about something, the more it will come back to you. It's like a alarmed-bomb. It will remind you constantly about your loss. First things first. I regret that this program is a 6-month program, instead of a year program. You know being an exchange student, whether you are from Asia or Europe, you are bound to face some challenges, more so when you first arrive. Some are fortunate enough that their challenging period didn't last that long, while some find it hard to adjust to the new environment. For me the adjusting period was still good, partly because I didn't expect anything. But because this is only a 6-month program, I missed out on a lot of things, like going out to football games with friends, volleyball games etc. Those are some of the places where you can get to know more people. And also, it's the beginning of the school year, where meeting new people is supposed to take place. I regret that I didn't get to know my host family before I actually meet them. For some of the exchange students who get to know who their host families before they arrive, it helps them to know more about what their families are like, and thus they depart with a prepared mind. I have to admit that finding my host family after I arrive is a sour part for me. My welcome family is a sweet part for me though, because they make my adjustment period really easy. It was not a problem for me to get used to school and stuff, because they did a great job. But because I was already comfortable with the family, moving again seemed like something sad, and it did make me think about the time for me to adjust again to a whole new environment. Still, I accepted the challenge, and tried my best to recover. I arrived in the States on the second week of January, and my coordinator had a really hard time finding me a family. No one wants to host an exchange student in the middle of the school year, because everything in the house is settled down. Plus, the season's over(Christmas), and that means time to go back to the rhythm. Accepting an exchange student all of a sudden will bring such big changes to the family that they often make them think twice before accepting a new foreign kid in their home. January is over when I finally found my host family. So now I only have 4 months in school(because seniors get out early). I regret that I gave up. What can I say? I kept all my problems to myself, and you know how rubbish bins work? They fill up. Just like my problems. Slowly they piled up and before I know it, I couldn't take it anymore. I only have myself to blame this time, because I did the wrong thing. I thought by keeping them to myself problems will be magically solved. Heck no. One day they will come back and bite your back. Until you solve them, they will never go away. One thing I did after that: I allowed my host family and also myself to start all over again. :D three cheers for us! :D To my host family: Thank you for being there for me! In spite of the challenges I have to face, and also the really bad times that I experienced, I treasure this exchange like it is my first and last. I know I will never get to experience this ever again, the bad times were already the past and it really makes me want to re-live this part of my life and do it all over again, but I will choose not to do so. " Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened..." It's so easy to say it than to do it, because if you are given a chance to fix one part of your life that you really messed up, will you do it? Especially when it involves your loved ones? You totally will! Because you SO want your memories to be perfect and happy. The same thing applies to me here. I want to do it all over again SO BADLY, but I know I can't. Even if I can, I will choose the other alternative, that is to say thank you and goodbye to the painful memories and move on. The painful things will always remind you of what you have done that is not right, and what is the right thing to do. Of course, you will live the rest of your life regretting, but at least you don't spend the rest of your life making mistakes. :D I thank God for everything. |
hey there
looks like you're on my blog. rah rah welcome to my blog. :D Please respect my blog. I am very frank when I write. I write what I feel and see, straight to the point. I dont write in circles. I prefer straight lines. No offense.:D To get a better view of the pictures, simply point the pictures and you will see better. ps: enjoy! keke :D about
i my me mine. This is Ching Chong. She has a handful of nicknames. Hannah-banana, Ching Chong and love. She was in the States, and she loves it there. A LOT. Her dream is to travel the world, because she loves flying. Once she falls, she falls head over heals. keke :D i have friends
you know you're jealous. Zhiyin Yong Joanna Lim Joanna Joanna Lim tumblr Sandra Ong tumblr Claryn Tan Kathryn Chay Lara Sim Ong Men Jie I-vonne Lim Jocelyn Tang YES alumni malaysia Charmaine Wong AFS Malaysia Alumni Charmain Sim Tan Mei Fang I need motivation
you know you inspire me Dato Tony Fernandes Ian Salang Photography Scrapbook Ideas David Choi credits.
you gotta love them. template : mymostloved* resources : ▲ ▲ ▲ |
| thankyou for visiting www.impamela.blogspot.com ! :D |