|
counting the days. » JPJ Test - result. » JPJ Test » My exchange months » Driving Lessons » August and September » Scary Internet » Gestures » Moles » Updates » Reading about differences |
|
|
Monday, October 25, 2010
Autism and Asperger @ 10/25/2010 01:07:00 AM Autism - a stumbling block or a stairway to heaven? Autism is a disorder that restrict autistic people from living in a normal world like we do. They are usually associated with a lack of communication skills, constantly repeating after themselves, lack of social skills and etc. But there is one thing that autistic people have that we don't have. They possess distinct qualities that normal people will never achieve. It comes naturally with them. For example: They have incredible visual memory, they possess great mathematical skills even at a young age, while some of them have brains that simply work like a computer. Before we know or get to understand them, they are usually labeled as "troubled students" in school. Here we have Temple Grandin, Ph.D in animal science as an example. I stumbled upon a movie named "Temple Grandin" last night and was amazed at how she lived her life with autism. You have to watch the movie to get to know her better. I promise, that this movie will be worth watching. She is a hero. Although she is born with autism, she managed to control her disorder and success in life. Now at the age of 63, she is a professor at the University of Colorado. Who says special people can't succeed in the lives? " They are different, but no less" ![]() She is autistic, but her autism touched so many lives. One of her quotes is: " The world is cruel, but we don't have to be" I respect people with autism. |
hey there
looks like you're on my blog. rah rah welcome to my blog. :D Please respect my blog. I am very frank when I write. I write what I feel and see, straight to the point. I dont write in circles. I prefer straight lines. No offense.:D To get a better view of the pictures, simply point the pictures and you will see better. ps: enjoy! keke :D about
i my me mine. This is Ching Chong. She has a handful of nicknames. Hannah-banana, Ching Chong and love. She was in the States, and she loves it there. A LOT. Her dream is to travel the world, because she loves flying. Once she falls, she falls head over heals. keke :D i have friends
you know you're jealous. Zhiyin Yong Joanna Lim Joanna Joanna Lim tumblr Sandra Ong tumblr Claryn Tan Kathryn Chay Lara Sim Ong Men Jie I-vonne Lim Jocelyn Tang YES alumni malaysia Charmaine Wong AFS Malaysia Alumni Charmain Sim Tan Mei Fang I need motivation
you know you inspire me Dato Tony Fernandes Ian Salang Photography Scrapbook Ideas David Choi credits.
you gotta love them. template : mymostloved* resources : ▲ ▲ ▲ |
| thankyou for visiting www.impamela.blogspot.com ! :D |